Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Group Update

The Sumner County Amateur Radio Association held its annual November Officer Elections on November 4th, 2010. The officers are as follows:

President - Rick Woodward KA4JXY
Vice President - Matt Brawner KJ4EVO
Secretary/Treasurer - Ron Brawner KJ4EVQ
Trustee - Richard Pryor WD4BKY

I'm glad to now be Vice President of the SCARA group. I plan to continue to support Sumner County SKYWARN and be mutually supportive to SCARA. I still have big plans for both groups and I now feel I can make these ideas become reality.

My goals for the Winter months remain. My goal is to increase membership in Sumner County SKYWARN and SCARA. A SKYWARN Group is only effective when it has great people to assist in gathering Severe Weather Data. My next objective is to formulate parterships with ALL Sumner County Public Safety Agencies. We have a strong partership with the Sumner County Emergency Management Agency which we hope to continue to foster. We're also partnering with the first ever "Weather Club" at Gallatin High School.

We're now formulating dates for our annual SKYWARN Storm Spotter Training class to be held next February.

No comments:

Post a Comment